The geometric patterns and colors are as alluring as stained glass, and highlight two distinct and complimentary views of the local scenery. On the one side is a stylized version of the Calgary skyline. The other side features the iconic prairie sentinel, the grain elevator standing proudly among the fields.
Other features of this set include:
- Fully trackable on Geocaching.com
- Black nickel finish
- Each geocoin has 42mm diameter, 3mm thick.
- A total of 75 sets were originally minted.
- Features a unique icon.
This series was created as personal geocoins by GeoKs, one for each of the spectacular seasons. In thier own words:
- Spring: With the fields just planted and some early crops sprouting, the countryside is bright. In the city, the parks are turning green.
- Summer: We love the colours of the farm fields and city parks in the summer, but don't care much for the mosquitoes that come out in swarms every year!
- Fall: Autumn brings rich tones of gold and brown, with splashes of orange, yellow and the occasional red.
- Winter: Calgary's winters are unique. We experience "chinooks", which can cause temperature swings from -20C to +20C in less than 24 hours. When this happens, and the snow all melts away, it's a great opportunity to get out for some mid-winter caching. The winter version of this coin features soft enamel for the snow underlying the railway tracks.