This set of geocoins is a must have for any collector. The geometric patterns and colors are as alluring as stained glass, and highlight two distinct and complimentary views of the local scenery. On the one side is a stylized version of the Calgary skyline. The other side features the iconic prairie sentinel, the grain elevator standing proudly among the fields.
Other features of this set include:
- Fully trackable on Geocaching.com
- Black nickel finish
- Each geocoin has 42mm diameter, 3mm thick.
- A total of 75 sets were originally minted.
- Features a unique icon.
This series was created as personal geocoins by GeoKs, one for each of the spectacular seasons. In thier own words:
- Spring: With the fields just planted and some early crops sprouting, the countryside is bright. In the city, the parks are turning green.
- Summer: We love the colours of the farm fields and city parks in the summer, but don't care much for the mosquitoes that come out in swarms every year!
- Fall: Autumn brings rich tones of gold and brown, with splashes of orange, yellow and the occasional red.
- Winter: Calgary's winters are unique. We experience "chinooks", which can cause temperature swings from -20C to +20C in less than 24 hours. When this happens, and the snow all melts away, it's a great opportunity to get out for some mid-winter caching. The winter version of this coin features soft enamel for the snow underlying the railway tracks.